The Kobe 2024 World Para Athletics Championships Organizing Committee (hereinafter referred to as the “Organizing Committee”) complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Law No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”). )” and other related laws and regulations, and strive to protect personal information in accordance with this policy.
1.Acquisition and use of personal information
The Organizing Committee will acquire personal information through appropriate procedures, such as clarifying the purpose of use, and will not use it for purposes other than those indicated in "7. Purpose of use of personal information."
2. Security management of personal information
The Organizing Committee will manage personal information accurately and safely, and take appropriate measures to prevent loss, falsification, leakage, etc.
3.Personal information handled by the Organizing Committee
The Organizing Committee will properly handle acquired personal information in accordance with the following provisions.
(1) Personal information that the Organizing Committee obtains from individuals
The main personal information that the Organizing Committee obtains is the name, address, e-mail address, nationality, passport number, athlete registration number of the sports organization, etc. provided during various registration and purchase procedures. , is information provided directly by the person. The personal information provided by the individual includes the information entered on the input form, the information provided when purchasing products, tickets, etc., participating in events, applying for volunteers, responding to questionnaires, etc. increase. In compliance with the Personal Information Protection Law and other related laws and regulations, as well as this policy, the Organizing Committee will properly acquire this information, strictly manage it, and, in principle, will not use it for purposes other than those for which individual consent has been obtained. plug. However, if the handling is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the person is a party, or if the handling is necessary for the performance of procedures at the request of the person before the conclusion of the contract, the Organizing Committee will comply. the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which the processing is subject, the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the principal or another natural person, or the legitimate interests pursued by the Organizing Committee or a third party; (Except where the basic rights and freedoms requiring the protection of personal information of the person concerned, especially when the person is a minor, override the interest concerned). , may be handled without individual consent.
(2)Personal information that the Organizing Committee obtains from third parties
(3) Handling of cookies, etc.
(4) Handling of personal information of minors
When the Organizing Committee acquires personal information of minors, we request that the information be provided to the Organizing Committee after obtaining the consent of a guardian in advance.
4. Retention period of personal information
5. Supervision of subcontractors
If the Organizing Committee outsources all or part of the handling of personal information, the Organizing Committee will oblige the outsourcing company to manage personal information safely and will provide necessary and appropriate supervision.
6.Thorough protection of personal information
The Organizing Committee will ensure that officers and employees, contractors and other related parties are thoroughly aware of the importance of personal information protection, and will work to educate and raise awareness of personal information protection.
7. Purpose of use of personal information
The Organizing Committee will use personal information within the scope of the following purposes.
To carry out the following to the extent necessary for the performance and conclusion of contracts with individuals, ensuring safety, preparing and operating the Organizing Committee, and realizing the interests of the Organizing Committee
(1) Contacting the person in question
(2) Identity verification
(3) Issuance of ID etc. for system use
(4) Handling various inquiries at the call center and secretariat (5) Operations such as arranging loaned items
(6)Providing relief *If relief or transportation to a medical institution is required,
The name of the patient's injury or illness, details of treatment, etc. may be provided to the hospital to which the patient is transported.
(7) Use of surveillance camera footage for security, safety, etc. *The person's appearance may be reflected in the image.
(8) Insurance contracts and claims
(9) Responses after the accident
(10) Issuance and management of certificates related to identification cards, entry permits, participation permits, etc. (11) Information on competitions, events, campaigns, seminars, exhibitions, forums, excursions, accommodation, transportation, etc. related to this tournament, and information on these matters. Identity verification and various operations
(12) Information regarding competitions or events, campaigns, seminars, exhibitions, forums, etc. in Japan and abroad held by third parties.
(13)Public relations activities such as activity reports, surveys, research, press releases, and photography related to this tournament
(14) Announcement of records (rankings, etc.)
(15) Performance of contracts concluded with third parties to achieve the organizing committee's business objectives
(16) Preparation and posting of various rosters, combination tables, etc. for the purpose of smooth operation of competitions, ceremonies, etc.
(17) Personnel management related to volunteer applicants and employment applicants Handling of sensitive personal information and special types of personal data The purpose of use and handling of "Categories of Personal Data" are as follows.
(1) Personal information regarding the person's health data related to ceremonies and competitions, the presence or absence of disabilities, the presence or absence of assistants for athletes with disabilities, etc., to the extent necessary to identify the competition in which they will participate and ensure their safety (including the provision of relief). Available only at
(2) Personal information related to volunteers, such as their health data, the presence or absence of disabilities, and the presence or absence of assistants, will be handled only to the extent necessary to ensure safety in the work they are engaged in (including the provision of relief).
8. Shared use of personal information with IPC
9. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties, etc.
The Organizing Committee may use the IPC and contractors (ticketing services, IT infrastructure, customer management systems, event management, website hosting services, analysis services, security services) within the scope of the above purposes of use or related to the operation of the Games. , transportation services, equipment/software/system maintenance, call centers, food and beverage services, lodging services, medical services, training/education services such as e-learning, identity verification services, etc.) Third parties (including those outside Japan) when requested by insurance companies (including handling insurance agents) regarding contracts and claims, or when posting information related to records on TV, newspapers, magazines, the Internet, etc. including.). In addition, in order to ensure the safety of the event, we may share or inquire information about specific individuals with government agencies, etc.
The Organizing Committee will not obtain the consent of the person concerned, except in the cases stipulated in this policy, the cases stipulated below, and other exceptions to applicable laws and regulations, and in which the provision of personal information to a third party is permitted. will not provide personal information to third parties.
(1) Cases based on laws and regulations (including ordinances; hereinafter the same shall apply in this section).
(2) When it is necessary to protect a person's life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question.
(3) When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy upbringing of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned.
(4) When it is necessary to cooperate with a national organization, local government, or a person entrusted by them in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and the Association's business is carried out by obtaining the consent of the person concerned. When there is a risk of interfering with
(5) When providing personal information in connection with business due to merger or other reasons
10. Your Rights
If you wish to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or deletion of personal information, please contact the personal information handling consultation desk. After that, please follow the procedure specified by the Organizing Committee to make a request. The Organizing Committee will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and domestic laws. Suspension of use or erasure (hereinafter referred to as suspension of use, etc.) requires a great deal of cost and effort, or it is difficult to suspend use of personal information, etc., and a necessary alternative to protect the rights and interests of the person If we take measures, we may not be able to accept the suspension of use of personal information unless it violates applicable laws and regulations.
the right to obtain in a structured, machine-readable format the personal data that the person has provided for a contract or by consent, if the person resides in the EU (right to data portability); there is. You can also file an objection against the use of your personal information if certain conditions are met. When exercising your rights, please contact the personal information handling consultation desk. If not resolved, you can lodge a complaint with the EU data protection authority having jurisdiction over your place of residence, place of work or where the violation occurred.
11. Withdrawal of Consent
If the Organizing Committee has been handling personal information based on the consent of the individual, the individual may withdraw their consent at any time without affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent prior to withdrawal. However, even if consent is withdrawn, personal information may be handled to the extent permitted based on other legal grounds.
12. Personal information handling consultation desk
For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information by the Organizing Committee, please contact the following.
Kobe 2024 World Para Athletics Championships Organizing Committee Secretariat Phone: 078-322-5279 (Charged)
Reception hours: 9:00-17:00 on weekdays, excluding weekends, holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays
13. Changes to this policy
The Organizing Committee may change this policy from time to time. If the content is changed, it will be posted on the official website, etc., and we will notify you, so please check the content. If you continue to use the services of the Organizing Committee after the Organizing Committee has changed this policy, you will be deemed to have agreed to the post-change treatment.